Thursday, March 17, 2011

Potato, Potahto

Two days ago, I caught an episode of Man v. Food and on this particular episode, there was a three-and-a-half pound cinnamon roll. You think I'm kidding:
Yeah, that's right. That is a thirty-pound three-and-a-half year old girl and that's a three-and-a-half pound cinnamon roll. And man, oh man, did I have an intense (and unfortunate) craving for cinnamon after I saw this gorgeous thing. After I convinced myself that booking a flight to San Antonio to get this cinnamon roll was going a little too far, I remembered I was meaning to make Irish Potatoes for St. Patty's Day (which has cinnamon!!!)! 

I'm not Irish and I'm not huge on St. Patty's Day, but anything with cocoa, coconut, and cinnamon is enough for me. And Joy the Baker (my favorite baking blog) just posted an Irish Potato recipe! I'm telling you this is the universe telling me to make these cute little potato-looking goodies.

Don't worry, there aren't any potatoes involved, but don't they look exactly like tiny potatoes?? Adorable! And super easy to make with basic ingredients (I hope you're already on your way to the pantry). Happy St. Patty's Day!

(first photo via yelp)

No comments: