Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I love you, Chicago

I slept for thirteen hours. Thir. Teen. Hours. In my body's defense, I had a pretty rough day of travel yesterday that started at 4 a.m. (eastern time). But still, that's pretty obscene.

New York was everything. (Besides the whole getting-my-wallet-stolen thing, of course--sigh--but c'est la vie, my friends.) I just kept thinking to myself how incredible it would've been to go to school in New York. It would've been beyond (and yes, I realize I would've been broke -- that isn't the point). But I did come to the conclusion that the only way to truly enjoy New York for everything it has to offer is as a non-New Yorker (meaning living there for less than 10 years). People there need to lighten up. The entire planet and everything it has to offer is in Manhattan, but New Yorkers don't know how to enjoy it. Live a little!

And I'm back in Chicago. It's funny -- I never realized how much Chicago felt like home until I left it. I've only been here for four years, but it's become a pretty special place to me. Now, we just need to work on this weather...

(photo via pinterest)

No comments: