Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Girl in Love


I have to admit something. I have been silently experiencing a lonesome, devastating heartbreak. You know when you fall deeply, absurdly in love with someone, and after mild flirtations, then heavy, then  infinitely less fun define-the-relationships, you end up empty-handed and empty-hearted. That is what I've been going through ever since this Burberry Prorsum cable knit trench hit the fall runways. I looked up everything I could on it, saw every celeb and model du jour wearing my beloved, and after I saw the price tag, cut off my flirtation cold turkey. I decided if it just stopped existing, I wouldn't miss it -- the coat I would never have. Yes, this is the twisted logic of a deluded girl in love.

If I had to define my style to someone (which I can't even do with words, funnily enough), I would literally shove this coat in my questioner's face. It's structured with touches of femininity and toughness  -- to me, a perfect blend of masculine and feminine (with the right trimmings, duh).

It's everywhere now. There's no hiding. I just have to watch it sell out on burberry.com, and neimanmarcus.com, and farfetch.com, and leclaireur.com, and justshootmenowdontbleedmedry.com.

(images c/o Burberry.com and The Fancy)

1 comment:

sight said...

Ooooh this is so lovely!
....But I know I could never handle owning something so perfectly white, I am a stain magnet!